2007/06/27

Stuart McGurk

Hehe...I love this man, though that sentiment may be a bit empty seeing as I have read only one of his articles, but if a girl can say that after reading just ONE, there must be some truth in the sentiment.

Last night I was on the way to the bowling alley and I was reading an article written in the London Paper by a man (Mr McGurk) about Gillian McKeith and I was ecstatic at what he was saying. The majority of men that I know seem to think that the GMK diet is an easy way to lose weight, it is not. I have tried it and I gave up after a week or so, she claims to let you eat an abundance of food and on the TV all the food looks lovely, well I am sure everyone has head the old adage "don't judge a book by it's cover", this surely applies here. I decided to follow her diet for six weeks and after the second week I had enough and was craving salad, of all things, SALAD! That alone must show you how crappy her diet is, everything you are told you can eat is lacking in flavour and colour. That's another thing, on the TV the food looks bright and lovely to eat, the reality is totally different, the food fills you up but tastes like crap, I do believe this is how you lose the weight (no taste-no calories hehehe). Anywho, back to what was written by Mr McGurk (who by the way, I have a good mind to e-mail, if for nothing else but to express my joy that there is at least ONE man out there with some sense).

Now, to the article itself, I read it as I often do, to see what is decent on the TV. I didn't actually see the show and am quite glad I didn't, I don't understand who she thinks she is, she isn't even a doctor (as is mentioned in my favourite paragraph of the article) and why anybody would want to look like her is beyond me. Photoshop is definately her best friend, I have her book and in that she doth look stunning but seeing her in real time, she looks terrible, when the light is on her face you can see how ravaged it is. Everyone knows that eating crap 24/7 is going to kill you, we do not need someone telling us that we are going to die if we keep doing it. Plus, she thinks that by being rude she is becoming the self modelled Simon Cowell of food. She fails to realise that unlike her, Simon actually has stats and money to back up his statements, and (as the article says) "why on earth anyone would want to follow the diet advice from a "nutriotinist" who had to drop her spurious "Dr" title and looks like a shrivelled, freeze-dried chipmunk is anyone's guess". There is no need at all for her to be this rude to people and I am surprised that people are still willing to go on national TV and be ridiculed by a woman who looks like GMK does. If she truly were healthy, why would her face be so warped looking? Do you people not think about that? It is not hard to lose weight yourself without having some "chipmunk" take the piss out of you, and as the article mentioned, she does have a great fondness for shit inspection. I know a lot of people who have lost weight and not once have they needed to have their shit examined. The woman is strange!

Mr McGurk, I commend thee!

No comments: