2007/07/05

Things that are underrated

I shall be updating this list as I think of more stuff.

Number one on the list however are...

Mittens.

I have never bought myself a pair of gloves in my life, the only gloves I have were bought for me by my mother.

Mittens>gloves when it comes to warmth and general winter cuteness.

Two of the people I love the most always laugh at my need to always wear mittens instead of gloves, I think they are just jealous of the fact that my hands are small enough for mittens and theirs aren't.

Mittens are better than gloves for the sole reason that they keep you warmer and if your fingers DO freeze, you can rub them on the palm of your hands to warm them up..try doing THAT in gloves.

Knickers and I mean proper knickers.

There is a lot of fuss about thongs and g strings around these days, about how they are sexier etc..but I personally don't think so, any time I don't need to wear these is a joyous occasion for me, I only wear the "butt floss" when needs be, the rest of the time I am in proper knickers. I don't buy the argument that you can't buy sexy knickers that aren't thongs because you can and I have a truckload of them (about 50-ish) and they get the job done.

It's not that I have a thing against thongs and g strings, I just don't see the need to wear them all the time, they hardly make you feel sexy, though the whole world thinks they do. I think that my semi dislike stems from when I was younger and all the white and black girls were wearing them and desi girls weren't allowed to do so because their mothers thought they were for sluts and ladies with loose morals. My mother wasn't like that and thus allowed me to buy them in abundance which is why I feel that I have nothing to prove to people by letting them know what kinda underwear I am wearing, a disease which desi girls wearing thongs seem to have nowadays.

And plus, now that I know that La Senza have a sale on, I can go mad for both kinds of pants and still have money left over, yay!

Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng songs

I have restarted cardio again (tis October now) and I decided to listen to some music whilst doing it, I got through 30 minutes easily just by listening to a FEW songs AND I didn't realise where the time went, I wasn't itching to get off the machine due to tiredness (only got off for water as have no shelf near..must fix that). Thank you God for making songs that go on for ages :D if I didn't have them, I would be lost. I especially love anything by The Verve as it starts with grand music for about a minute (which is a lifetime on any cardio exercise) and then it ends with another minute of music, the same is true of Snow by RHCP. Tender by Blur is like a motivational song even though I doubt many people realise it (come on, come on, come on, come on..get through it) and also Evil by Interpol as it has a very punchy beat and it just makes me move.

Sibling love

I still get texts from my brother, very random ones, telling me stuff that is mundane to anyone but really really really cracks me up, i.e. I got a message from him the other day saying that a button fell off his jacket and that he has to visit our mum just so she can sew it back on. He is a don.

No comments: