2007/07/16

My Fitness Plan

So I have decided to tone up a bit and I started today, I tried coming up with excuses to get out of exercising whilst I was brushing my teeth but having found a note pasted to the cross trainer telling me to get my arse in motion, I decided it was now or never.

So, I got into my exercising outfit (some gym bottoms and an olddd Adidas hoody) and put the headphones in my ears.

I decided to start on 20 minutes because I thought I might chicken out (I really don't know what my problem is, back when I HAD to lose weight I was doing 40 mins a day, but that was in two sittings and I don't fancy doing that again as the waiting around annoys me, I want to cardio, then shower). Anywho, I think I am going to work up every two weeks, i.e. 20 mins for these two weeks, then 30, then 40, by then my resistance should be ok as I am doing more distance training than strictly calories.

Anywho, in true fashion, I digress..I got the iPod out, stuck the earphones in my ears and onto the machine I went..

I must say that for once, the time flew by..I cardio'd my way though the following songs:

  • Somebody Told Me - The Killers
  • You're All I Have - Snow Patrol
  • You Give Me Something - James Morrison (I tell a lie, this was changed after about 10 seconds as tis too slow to do cardio too)
  • Sonnet - The Verve
  • Lucky Man - The Verve (twice)

The last two songs are my true cardio songs, they do something to me that makes me just work that much harder, quite a few songs are like that, maybe I should put them into one playlist and cardio to them..that IS an idea BUT my speakers on my computer have still not been fixed and thus I shall have to stick to what I have as shuffling the songs is too risky as the ones I want are likely to not come up.

The good thing about the two Verve songs mentioned above is that they start off quiet-ish and then build up, then they lapse a bit and when you need that something to get you through the sluggish bit of cardio, the song picks up. I also find that Fake Tales of San Francisco by the Arctic Monkeys is the same kinda thing. Also, as I do the distance cardio, the endings of songs become important as you can travel half a kilometre on the cross trainer on the fading out of one song..now the two Verve songs mentioned above and the Monkeys' song both trail out for a while and thus tis easy to go further whilst listening to them.

Depending on how I feel, I might do 5 days a week this week, though I am thinking to do 3 days a week, 5 days a week, 3..5..3..5.

Also, I was worried how my hair would look cut short but thanks to camera-vision I can now see as I simply flipped the other side over and I looked OK-ish, now just to get my self down to Salon B to see what is it like in there, then to grow some balls and get it cut..BUT I checked my hair last night and it has gone UNDER the boobage, I waited so long for it to grow this long and it seems harsh to cut it, but I need a new style for work and also, tis only the top bits that will get cut, I still retain some length!

This is all..

Actually, no..I took pics for the second entry into that BBC competition, one or two came out OK but I had to make do with stuff I didn't really want as a first choice but due to stuff happening, I shall have to take my first choice pic tomorrow/this weekend.

2 comments:

taleb said...

EWWW EWWW EWWW

change that color mang !!

Rhamnousia @ Desi Girl Does Makeup said...

Cram it you, I am experimenting.

Thank you, come again.