2007/09/16

Ring Ceremonies and People You Know AND hair

The title could read slightly differently had I put a comma in someplace, I shall let you figure out where (though, in all honesty, it's not that hard to figure out).


So today me et Soom have to go to a "ring ceremony" which is simply an engagement party but I suppose some Punjabi folk need a way to justify having a drink and a dance.


My parents were meant to go but are too lazy (their words) and thus, the gauntlet has been thrown down to me and I had to accept due to the fact that I am the only child in this country at the moment.


Anywho, why can't they just call it an engagement party? Me and Simon discussed this all the way home and realised it must be because it enables the fresh folk to realise what the party is for, though I don't see the point of that, it's not like they have to take a gift, all they do is go, eat, drink and be merry.


We have decided that we aren't going either as I need to put shoes into boxes and plus I just generally feel lazy. I should admit the real reason, we spent most of last night drinking and chatting shit (reminds me of when we were 17, well me 17 and him 18).


Despite this, I have straightened ALL of my hair..I should take some time out to explain my marvellous hair cut (Laura at Kevin Joseph is a genius, as I said before). There are many layers of my hair thanks to my stylist and although my hair is curly, they come out excellent whether I leave it in it's natural state or if I straighten it. I can straighten the top layers and tie the rest back so it looks like I have a bob, I did this yesterday. I can also straighten the top layers and two "pieces" of longer hair so I have yet another different hairstyle (a bob with two graduated bits). Anywho, my hair is growing like mad, it is already up to my bra strap..again! Its great because I essentially have two haircuts in one and when they are blended together, nobody can tell.




Anywho, that is enough about hair for today.




The next sermon is about people you know who are funny. I don't mean funny as in Russell Howard funny (he is hi-larious), I mean funny as in strange.




I used to go to an all girl's school, we were integrated with boys when we hit 16 so you can imagine the hormonally charged tension in the classrooms. One girl I had the misfortune of knowing always had to speak to boys for some strange reason, I think it was just to prove that she could? Anywho, she hounded all the boys and they eventually started speaking to her. This wasn't the end of her madness, she couldn't handle it if someone was better at something than her. That reminds me, I must remember to end this piece with something about Louis Vuitton. I remember one Monday in my second year at sixth form, I drove there, parked up and was walking into the class where all my mates were. It was about half two (I was in this late as on a Monday I only had one lesson and it was in the last period). I have notoriously curly hair and when I was younger it was far thicker than it is today (thank you very much GHD, though that instrument has been a blessing to me) and thus more curlier and frizzier. I was just getting educated about what shampoos to use and how you had to use them continuously to get a result, I had been using Frizz Ease for years but it never works as well as it works the first time. I was also finally understanding how to blowdry hair straight..tis strange to think that 5 years ago, not everyone had a hair straightener and thus us curly haired girls suffered with crappy blowdryers. As usual, I digress. Monday morning I washed my hair and was determined to straighten it, so I set about the routine at about 12.30 (it used to take an age back then, mainly due to the hairdryer, my technique and my styling skills). I just about finished at 2.00 and legged it to sixth form in the car. I got there and everyone was praising how straight my hair was, the girl in question saw it and said "wow, good job" but I could tell that she was jealous as she had this look in her eye which she always has when someone is acknowledged for something that she has been doing all along.

Come the next day, she came in with her bum length hair trussed up over her shoulder just so everyone could see how straight hers way, but instead of people complimenting her, they told her that she should control the flyaways and keep it to the back like I had mine yesterday.

Stupid cow.

Another thing, she always tried to compete with her best friend who wasn't the prettiest thing in the world but her heart was always in the right place and she is very clever (I have no animosity towards her at all). This mate always had designer clothes and designer handbags (before it became "fashionable" to do so) and thus, the jealous girl always tried to copy her but failed.

I saw her the other day clutching a Louis Vuitton purse and there is something funny about someone who looks a state and is wearing super cheap clothing clutching a designer handbag. Now I am no snob, I wear cheapish clothes but only when I am not at work, and I don't clutch my designer handbags when I am doing this, only when I am at work do I look truly professional.

It is as if she is trying to become her best mate but that will never be because the friend carries herself with some class and always has done.

It may seem that I am hating her for no reason, but I have many a reason, the girl is a bitch and I shan't be talked down to because she made my life hell and I am not allowed to say anything back.

I saw her in KFC once when I was with a mate of mine and all she did was stare..rude.

This is all.

No comments: