2007/09/11

11th Sept/Cheap Shoes/Regrets

This day six years ago, the towers fell.

Everyone seems to remember where they were and what they were doing on this day.

My brother was at home with the two bob bits and was in the bog when the announcement was made, he emerged to see my mum watching Fox (why no Sky News woman?!) and the anchor shouting how they would get the people who did this to them..six years on, they still haven't.

Anywho, I myself was trudging around London with my friends of the time (whom I DO miss from time to time..well only two of them but then I remind myself that it is not my fault that the friendship went bad). Trudging around the posh London uni's for some open day about all the university colleges of London (one which I would eventually end up at).

I got a free newspaper from a dude which I thought was strange as nothing in my knowledge at the time was free. I got home and after initially thinking that there was only one tower, I was informed by my brother (who, after listening to the news all day was up on all the conspiracy theories and whatnot) that there were actually two.

What got me in years to come was how normal the trains were on the way home that day. Unless I didn't realise that they were being delayed. Anywho, to my knowledge they ran normally as I got home in an hour (which is the normal time to my old house even during good Tube timing). I am surprised that the tube didn't close down totally as I assume that this is what would happen if it were to happen today.

Even now when I come out of Canary Wharf station in the morning and I see an aeroplane, I still panic slightly as I don't personally want to die (and it is not because of how people will cope without my existence but it is because I have a lot of shit I want to do before I die and also that I shall be damned if I let a fundie kill me, I want to die doing something fun and original..)

Anyway, onto shoes. I have never worn cheap shoes, it is against my religion (that and cheap underwear). Today for some reason I decided to wear my cheapest and cleanest pair of shoes (cleanest because the bottom has seldom touched the ground due to the cheapness). They killed my feet, I had to buy new shoes at lunchtime damn it! That got me to thinking about regrets. I surely regret buying those shoes, but what is a life without regrets? Is it perfect? I personally don't think so, but then again, I am the person who believes that life is only good because of the shit you need to go through, only as a result of the bad can you truly appreciate the good. I have a tonne of regrets in my life as I am sure everyone else does. The person who claims to have no regrets in life has either not lead a life or is a liar.

This is all from the profound mind for today.

No comments: