2007/09/05

The Fridge

Friday night I got in and fancied some ice-cream.

I went over to the freezer to get some of it out and it was like a big lump with water swimming around it, now take into account that this is triple chocolate ice-cream and thus would take an age to defrost (damn you Haagen Dasz).

Anywho, I had been saying for a few days that there was a funny smell in the fridge though I put it down to some lemon juice I put in there (as it smelt a bit lemony..duh).

I thought nothing of it and came downstairs the next morning to make some tea, only to find out that the milk was chewy (no, I didn't taste it, the consistency was that of a chewy nature).

Anywho, I discover that horror of horrors, the fridge is broken!

So, I woke my one week housemate up and off we trudged to find a new fridge.

We found one and it is coming this Friday.

The fun didn't end there.

I had to cook everything in the fridge and freezer so for the past few days we have been eating like pigs, I am at the stage now that I am eating only to survive, not because I like the food.

I have eaten so much chicken and pork over the past few days that I do believe I am breaking out in the meat sweats.

I have one cup of coffee every day and that is it.

I never ever thought that I would hate eating, but I do and it is because I am eating everything at once (through necessity, not through choice).

Funny how it was a dream at once to eat whatever I wanted whenever but now (as with most things) the reality is far worse than the dream.

Anywho, the fridge and freezer are finally empty and no food shall be purchased until Saturday. Normally I would jump at the chance to be wined and dined though that wont be happening now (I can just picture the relief on Simon's face..I'm no longer cheap).


In the past few days, I have made AND eaten the following:

  • Chicken and mushroom pies

  • Fish fingers

  • Turkey steaks

  • Chicken breasty things

  • Yet more chicken

  • Yet more chicken

  • Pasta (times 5 or so)

  • Pizza

  • Indian food
  • Sausage rolls

It doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me, it IS a lot, especially for TWO people.

Anywho, it is a Samsung dealy (was it a coincidence that the dude who sold it to me was also wearing a Chelsea kit under his uniform? However, he doth have a modicum of respect from me due to it NOT being the Samsung kit but the Cools kit). It also dispenses water and ice (thus, no more waiting around for ice to be made) and its a mother of a thing. I happened to say in the store that you could store two/three human bodies in either side (fridge or freezer), a statement which was met with a few funny stares from other customers/the dude who served us.

Anywho, that is it methinks, all the food is finally finished and I am kinda glad that I don't have to eat anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Say NO to Paghs!