2007/09/09

My excitement filled weekend

So, Friday was a day filled with excitement.

I think that's the right word.

It was all go in the Panesar/Ross household as our new Samsung CHESTED fridge was set to arrive.

It came at about 10.30-ish and I was instructed to leave it unplugged for 8 hours.

I couldn't wait and so I read the manual which told me that you could plug it in as soon as you cleared all the plastic out, this was done and the fridge was switched on. It had to be left for a couple of hours so I went shopping for food to store in my new pride and joy (did I mention that it lets out both ice AND water?! You shall have to pardon my excitement as I have never bought a brand new fridge for my house, though I have experienced dispensing fridges/freezers at my parents' house).

Anywho, I returned from Sainsbury's and I swear that the car was actually dying under the weight of the shopping bags I had in there.

I was getting ants in my pants waiting for the fridge to be ready so I decided to sit by it with the work laptop out, doing some "work" (playing Solitaire and Free Cell).

Two hours flew by and it was time to store stuff in the fridge and BOY is that fun. Everything went where it was meant to be (this has never happened in a fridge of mine and thus I was doubly chuffed).

Everything was put away, the husband even came home from work and was amazed that I had managed to fix it myself (sexy git! Er..I mean sexist git!..Yeah, that sounds better).

Went out on Friday, had me some fun and came back home.

Saturday morning, Ikea, true to their word, delivered the base to my cupboards at the ungodly weekend hour of 8.30.

I will say one thing for Ikea, I love them, simply because when they inconvenience you, they deliver for free which is something that I know MFI do not do.

Anywho, to fit the cupboard in place I had to finish some of the laminate flooring off, this was fun!

Me et Simon decided to just click it in with the chest of drawers on top. As with most simple plans, this did not work and we had to remove the drawers and move the chest. Then I!! had to lie on the bed with my head hanging down and click the pieces in UNDER the bed.

Anywho, did that, put the drawers back in and then got to fixing the cupboard.

Needless to say it took us until 6pm today to finish them off and they are marvellous fucking things. I can actually sit in one cross legged and I also had to get up a ladder and do the heights bits (thank you VERY much you feminists).

The sliding doors are the best things since sliced bread and could keep someone with a brain the size of a 5 year old child amazed for hours (thus, the novelty will not wear off for me for about 10 weeks).

All that needs to be done now is for the walls to be repainted (the purple ones) and the underside of the bed to be floored then I am done.

I am quite proud of myself seeing as I had most of the legwork myself and it was pretty easy.

Now all I need to do is go crazy and get it super organised inside..JOY!

The painting is easy as nothing much really need be moved now, just put sheets down and Bob will indeed be your uncle.

I seriously recommend Ikea to anyone, the stuff is not expensive and it stands the test of human nature, the instructions are very easy to read (there is no writing, just pictures..why Simon enjoyed them so much) and if you get stuck, the people on the phone are very helpful.

My dad can't believe that my DIY skills are on a par with his.

No comments: