2007/09/22

Got any ID?

So Soominder is suffering with a sore throat.

I had to get him some Strepsils and some sweets yesterday from Sainsburys.

I wandered on in with only the money, my discount card and my Nectar card.

Found the goods and headed for the checkout, it was pretty busy considering it was a Friday evening.

Anywho, got to the checkout and the lady behind the counter asked me for ID.

I am not 18, nor am I 19. I am a 23 year old married woman.

I had no ID and she wouldn't sell me the Strepsils as I needed some form of ID.

She was very apologetic so I wasn't mad, just slightly embarassed.

Anywho, I was pretty surprised that 1)you need ID for medicine and 2)she wouldn't believe that I was over 18.

Granted, I was wearing jeans and a hoody but even still, I don't look that young do I?

I evidently must as this isn't the first time it happened.

I told her that I was 23 years old and after asking me what makeup range I used, she let me go.

Ain't no tricks here bay-bee, I do nothing special..I am just perfick.

Anywho, I made it out to the car where the husb was waiting, I gave him the sweets and told him the palava re. the Strepsils.

He went on in, SANS ID and was served.

How is that fair?

Seriously, TWENTY THREE!

Gayness.

We have two reciepts, one timed at 6.57 p.m and one timed at 7.08 p.m.

I made sure she put her refusal in the refusal's book as that is the procedure there (I, of course, would know..not because I have been refused it before, but because I too was employed by the man when I was under age...which, according to them, could have been yesterday).

No comments: