2007/08/12

Aching thighs, blisters, Punjabi restaurants, a Mauritian nutcase

So yesterday me and Akash FINALLY got to go to London.

Now it's not like we have never been before as we are both Londonites but we hardly ever have time to go together.

Anywho, as per usual I was late, instructed to meet him in HMV and thus I made my way there.

I couldnae see him so I decided to navigate mes way to the NSync section, which too eluded me, so I went to my rhcp section, looked around, rang him and then sent him a text.

Twas on my way out of le shop when I saw (out the corner of my eye) this dude in a white t shirt jumping up and down.

Came out of the shop and went on our walkies, twas a ripe photo op as we saw this building which reminded me of a Storm Trooper, thus many pics of it were taken (his better than mine..damn you!), we rambled around a bit more, took some more pics..we came past an Odeon cinema which had men carved around the building, twas strange how the old mixed with the new so well and didn't look odd. Opposite that was a CHINESE church (Soho Baptist Church). This prompted a discussion as to whether Chinese people were Christian or Buddhist. Pictures were taken of the building and the sun was streaming down so they came out pretty well. Opposite that (and thus, next to the cinema) was a building which was green and orange and had a very nice metal design on it, very uniform it were and thus pictures were taken. Then we went into a hardware store because I needed to get me some paint and stuff. Took pictures of another Victorian building and then we entered a sci-fi fan's paradise, though to be fair..it was BAD! We milled around a bit more and then came across a restaurant..a PUNJABI one, I failed to see any Mauritian ones around anywhere..*looks very smug*. We dashed down some side road and took more pictures..it was quite fun being a tourist in your home town. Where the cinema was, it was very quiet, strange how if you just turned down two more streets it was bustling..funny to find somewhere so quiet in the middle of London. We went to a furniture shop which had some sexcellent stuff in there, I am tempted to buy two lights and a chest of drawers from there (the chest being made of GLASS!).

We ate at Fridays, I would have made Delboy proud as I had a Singapore Sling, though negated to take any pictures as I am not THAT bad. Ate up, spoke about random crap..ranging from getting anything your heart desires from Mauritius, how stupid families are and custom made t-shirts.

Wandered around a bit more, got asked where the British Museum was (we had no idea), tried to find a shop that we both fell in love with (and failed), got the tube to Picadilly Circus and then got it back home again as someone had to train.

Pictures shall be WATERMARKED!! and posted in the next post I do believe.

Btw, I got home and found I had a blister..and today my thighs ache.

Hello? Cardio!?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wanna bang?

Anonymous said...

lol at the waitress in fridays getting pissed off because of our change fiasco, we are poor students, deal with it, I mean she could have picked a better profession, women eh? The customer is always right Bitch!

Rhamnousia @ Desi Girl Does Makeup said...

she was too told to be working that job anyway man.

AND the cocktail was not properly mixed, the taste should be consistent and it was anything but.

and she didnt refund me my 5p..bitch.

plus, i can no longer use fireworks, damn it!

Anonymous said...

Why nowt? What's happened to it?

Rhamnousia @ Desi Girl Does Makeup said...

It just said that my trial period is up.

Btw, I need some motivation to do cardio as I am lacking now.

BUT I have seen results in le mirror and I purchased some jeans today which are slim legged (yay!) but also loose.

Still, for the price I paid for em, you can't complain.

Anonymous said...

I'm never one to complain,
I'm pretty sure in that file thingie there's a key generator that'll allow you to use it?

Rhamnousia @ Desi Girl Does Makeup said...

Yeah see there is something like that BUT I don't have the code as it should be on the back of the crystal case right?

Anywho, you should come to Southall one day, we can go Punjabi food eating..er, not that I live in Southall..

Anonymous said...

You know there's a program that generates the key on the back for you right?

lol Why do I want to be in amongst brown people? I'm bengali remember =p

If there are spanish "converts" then we'll dekha ta see.