2008/08/11

Hair stuff

Before I start the main body I'd like to say one thing.

I tested out a tester of Almay foundation on my cheek, it was too light (will give it to my mum or use it in winter) and then I used my Clinique toner over it, now my cheek is really warm..what's that all about?

Anyway, back to the main message...remember about this time last year I wrote out a list of all the shampoos I had in my cupboard so I could see what I had and get rid of the bits that were nearly finished?

Well, thanks to the damned credit crunch and having just bought a new car, I've been forced to do the same again but for everything I own (such as body lotions, shower gels etc..), this is only because I buy stuff that I don't need and come home to find that I needed to buy conditioner and have bought the matching shampoo. Also, I am a sucker for anything new on the market and have decided that enough is enough and that I will use up everything I have before buying something new.

I've been doing that (sans list) for the past few weeks and have been going ok with it but now I'm really up to speed and things are being thrown away a lot faster, also a visit to my aunt's house also helped. She is the same as me and will buy anything new that comes out, just to see how it works. I was going to buy the L'oreal Beauty Tubes mascara but used it at her house and have decided against it, instead I will buy the Lava eyeliner pencil from Too Faced as it is the first proper pencil eyeliner which applies like liquid (something I've been looking for for ages). I am also going to chuck out most of my cheapo eyeshadows as despite my UDPP keeping the colour on, I've realised there isn't much pigment in them anyway as they colours are always grey-ish, I am going to invest in a Bobbi Brown pallette once the one my aunt gave me has run out as they colours are excellent and they stay on.

Anywho..here is my list of shampoos and conditioners..

(I'm quite happy with it as I do use these shampoos regularly whereas last year there were some I hadn't used for time)..


  1. Twisted Sister conditioner for curly hair
  2. Revlon Flex clarifying conditioner
  3. Tresemme deep conditioner for dry hair
  4. Tresemme deep conditioner for curly hair
  5. Aussie 3 minute miracle frizz reducer
  6. Boots lemonbalm deep conditioner
  7. Boots henna deep conditioner
  8. Aussie 3 minute luscious locks treatment

Those of you eagle eyed readers will see that I have more than I did have last year but in my defence I didn't include deep treatments in last years count (despite me buying most of them since making the list).

I have thrown away a lot of shampoo that I have bought in the year so the list could have been longer, the only thing I had last year and didn't mention was the Black by Design deep conditioner which is no longer of use to me as my hair isn't damaged so I may use it as a shaving aid or something.

As I'm here I might as well list the other bits I have (face washes), so here we go..

  1. Doctor Barefoot's clean face enhancer (LOVE IT)

I've recently finished a TBS tea tree oil face wash and when I first got it, it had grains in it but over time they have turned to mush (despite the smell staying strong, I hoped it would fade), I had it since I was 17 and finished it just last weekend, the bathrom cupboard is rammed full of crap I've bought so tis only fair I finish it, I am not going to buy any more body scrubs and will use the St Ives as replacements as they work very well .

Too shattered to add a quote after that mammoth essay and I think I will put something a bit closer to home under my posts..a legal phrase (in latin of course!)

Pacta sunt servanda

No comments: