2008/08/21

Urban Decay Primer Potion Depotting

Whilst I listen to one of my all time favourite songs, I must also post this because I'm annoyed at certain companies.

Everyone who uses eyeshadow will know that it fades and creases all the time, companies like UD and Too Faced (TF) have made products which are aimed specifically at keeping your eyeshadow on your eyes looking the way it looked when you applied it. Now I have no beef against the product itself, it is one my Holy Grail products as it does what it says and is cheap! (£9.50..says she who spent Boots points on it) Cheap considering the fact that you can buy similar face primers which boast to do the same but don't.

Anyway, the packaging is like a genie shaped bottles and I recently saw an article on another blog called clumps of mascara and the lady who owns the site cut up her bottle of UDPP and tonnes more came out, so I decided to do the same..I've been a bit slow recently but deciding to take the bull by the horns today and below are the pics..

My surgical tools and the specimen in question, note in further pics you will see two other knives..


Cutting the tube open at that point was easy, notice how much product is left and would have been chucked had I not seen that website *cue some angry words*

Wand has been smeared around the pot in which the product will go..



Product being scooped out and put into new tub..

Empty half tube of UDPP..

Both top bits after having been scooped and cutting off the bottom part (which was a bitch to cut)


Bottom bit cut open ready for scoopage, this was really hard to cut as the bottle is very thick here so I had to use a knife with ridged teeth, I was considering just scooping from the top but am glad I cut it because look at all that product.

The end result. I've kept the wand because I liked it but I don't know what I will use it for.

No comments: