2008/07/29

Just desserts

Hi everybody..Hi Doctor Nick!

Yes, I'm feeling a bit gay today due to the weather and the general sun-ness outside.

Anyway, got something that I want to say but can't really tell anyone because it wouldn't mean anything to them.

Quand je suis une petite fille, I used to connais (huh, huh?) a girl who I will call S. S had a sister who I will call K and a mum who I will call R.

S always wanted to be a doctor and I always wanted to be a solicitor. We got the grades we needed and went off to uni. K wanted to be a stock broker and whilst we were at school she was always seen as the less brainy half of the KnS kinship. Anyway, R would always say that her daughter would make it and that I was wasting my time learning the law as it would never help me because I didn't have the smarts to use it (because I was really immature at school..and still am now).

Anyway, my older brother (M) wanted to be a financial whizz kid and R always thought that me and him would never make it as her kids were smarter as my mum let us run "riot".

Now K is about three years younger than me and has just graduated..the same year as her sister.

Last year, R told us that her kid was doing work exp in a bank (she was, I saw her work pass) and that she would go on to be a stock broker at the same place.

Now my mum phoned R the other day and R told her that K now wants to be........a teacher.

Now I'm quite surprised at this comedown and why R told my mum because she loves to save face. She would always say that K would get a better job than M and be the best at anything.

S has done what she set out to do and I am proud of her because that's been her goal since forever and she has done it.

Why did K become a teacher? You can do a lot in the financial field apart from broker stocks, a friend of mine went on to work for HSBC and she had a law degree.

My thinking is why the sudden comedown? The only reason I can think of is that she didn't get the grades she needed..but then R's story began to fall apart.

She had always told us that her daughter was doing stats and maths at uni but then she told my mum that last year she did some work experience at our old school and they had offered her a perm position..so what is going on?

I'm taking some pleasure in this because R and K always thought they were better than me and M when it turns out she couldn't cut the mustard.

HAHAHA IN YOUR DUMB OLD FACE.

I know that people might find that childish and what have you but I don't care.

This is what you get when you speech it and don't have the goods to back it up.

Even with a 2:2 she could have done something financial.

I cannot wait to see how this unravels.

No comments: