2007/11/14

Desi Festivities

So my Grandmother has a religious thing at the Gurdwara this weekend.

Even though it is a religious thing, this won't stop the desi women going from getting new outfits, makeup and hairstyles in.

I've decided that I'm going to wear all old stuff and I haven't given into majority influence and bought a new outfit.

I'm not spending 60 odd English pounds on some material that will only be worn once..no thank you.

Anywho, tis Wednesday today and the beautification process is starting, I have to do only two things..get my legs waxed and my eyebrows threaded.

You'd understand about the eyebrows as they will be on show, I have never understood why you have to shave your legs..firstly, they're going to be covered and secondly it's a religious place, nobody should be trying to letch on anybody.

Also, it's a three day thing but you have to change your outfit twice on the Saturday as most people visit in the evening. Great! I'm wearing three outfits, one black, two turquoise..Friday I am at work (yay!) so I can't go then.

Ahh..to be a desi.

No comments: