2008/01/17

Strange Eating Habits

I saw this programme on TV the other day, I think it was last Friday.

It was on Channel 4 and it came after the news so it was one of those new producery things.

It was about people who ate only raw food, nothing was cooked at all.

One woman even drank her own piss, it was disgusting, the body must get rid of it for a reason, why are you taking it back in again? Water doesn't cost a lot! Then she had a filtration system which filtered her water (obviously) but it was a mammoth of a thing, I've got a water filter and it's a small jug dealy. She was complaining about London tap water having far too much coke in it, well I'd say that's a good thing, forget paying for it, just take some water.

There were a few people on this programme but I only remember three/four.

One was the woman mentioned above, another was a couple, one was a single mum with three kids.

The funny thing was how patronising the man was, he was acting as if he had been mother nature's son since he was born but he only started eating raw stuff a year or so ago. Him and his wife invited people over to show them how to start eating good food and the people were having none of it. The funny thing is, the dude said we eat no warm food but he was warming up a lasagne on some heater thing, isn't that a bit hypocritical? He was going on about saying how warming food up kills the goodness in it and a dinner guest he had raised the point that people had eaten stodge and lived up to 80 or above and he got a bit annoyed. I don't like that, if you want to live your life that way then fine, but don't look down on those of us who aren't weirdos (hah!).

The woman with the coke water had some device attached to her body that took all the bad vibes out of her, how stupid, you can't get something like that, she had been truly brainwashed. Also, she was so keen on being very very very healthy but she went bike riding in London without something covering her mouth, does she know how many pollutants there are in the London air? Maybe she is too busy attending her "Raw food is God" seminars to realise that there are other evils in the world.

The woman who had the two kids was a bit strange too but she was the most sensible out of them all, she didn't let her kids have warm food or too many fruits, fruits were their treat but she DID have a microwave in her house even though she said she had been eating raw foods for 15 years.

1 comment:

taleb said...

Preach it sister!!

I always find it funny how these “food experts” suddenly pop up from nowhere chatting absolute well shit

Look at ‘Dr’ Gillian McKeith she just looks like a haggard ol’ wench, I mean seriously? She’s meant to be telling us she’s miss I only eat grains, and all colors of the rainbow well if you’re the poster child for organic food then I don’t want any part (don’t even get me started at her fascination with poo, I mean are you serious? Can’t you tell what’s bad by having it laid out on a table, you gotta look at their poop?)

Same with what’s her face, with Gordon ramsay oh ye – Janet Street Porter, she annoys me and how!! I can’t decide whichever one of them is more ghastly to look at.

Her crusade to find low fat meats is laughable, telling me to eat croc meat to remain healthy? Bull shit bitch!! Do you actually know the real difference between such things? I’d rather eat my cow Bessie than some prize winning horse to save oh but a precious 1g of fat.

Same with these “Oh, I have skimmed milk me, it’s healthy” Oh really? Let’s face it, most people have minimal milk like what a glass a day at best? That’s 250mls, that’s like 8g of fat you’ve saved which really in grand scheme of things … aint a lot and if anything it’s the carbs that’ll kill ya !!

& concurrage on the evils of the world thing - a lot of them fail to realise that being “healthy” extents beyond what you put in yo mouth.

& while I’m ranting I saw this programme on C4 about these let’s face it, chavvy fatties being sent to pakiland to live a natural life. That’s all well and good, but what got my goat was that they (like others) start bawling like pussys when it comes to slaughtering an animal. I mean you eat meat and you’re like 40 years old and you cry? I’m sorry but where did you think they came from? Cows give birth to pre-packed steaks? Sheesh !!