2007/12/06

That man who went missing and then came back

I've been meaning to blog about this for a few days now but time always got the better of me.

Of course this story is developing by the day so had I blogged it up when I first heard of it I would have simply mentioned how fantastic it was that the dude turned up after years of being missing.

Anyway, as the story progresses so does my opinion and so do the conspiracy theories flying around the office.

The first thing I'd like to talk about is how amazing it would have been for a man to go missing as long ago as he did and then suddenly turn up. I picked holes in his "story" straight away, if you've been missing as long as he has and thus forgotten everything, how do you know to go to a police station and say you're missing? How do you know that's where you go if you're a missing person? I don't even think there is a protocol if you're a missing person, don't you just go home? If you don't want to attract attention to yourself, that's what you would do. Seems to me that he wanted to be found out. Also, people may argue that he couldn't remember where his children lived/they may have moved since he went missing but I still find holes in his story.

He also says that he has no recollection of what he has been doing for the past 6? years, he must remember something as he looks perfectly fine and dandy in that picture of him and his wife, how do you sustain yourself for that long if you have no memory of what you're doing? Also, I've just moved this keyboard onto the top shelf of my desk as it's making far too much noise on the roll out shelf and I must admit that I am typing a lot faster than before as I am no longer worried about the noise.

Anyway, back to the man in question. I was a bit confused when the police arrested him but then I sloooooooowly figured it out, if he had life insurance and had claimed on it and then turned up alive, that is fraud..maybe he will be one of the first known cases (i.e. in the appellate courts) tested under the new Fraud Act..has taken about a year but we may have one. That's pretty cheeky of him to do that..but still, WHY COME BACK?

Also, how evil must the husband and the wife be? To let two children believe that their father is dead when he is sunning himself in Panama? Even today on the BBC website the mother was claiming that the photo was in fact a real one and that she had lied to her children, what kind of mother does that?

Don't you think tis a coincidence that the father came back only a few weeks after the mother bought a house in Panama?

I wonder what is truly going on here..I was really confused so I told my mum and she has a lot of sense, sometimes I don't give her as much credit as she deserves but she can be a right brainbox when needs be (this is how she is like Grandad from Only Fools). She thinks that the husband and wife wanted to go and live in Panama because of how beautiful the island is and because of the tax benefits. Then I realised why they would pull this elaborate scam..it all made sense. They wanted to go and live in Panama but didn't have enough money for a comfortable lifestyle so they pretend to kill the Dad/husband so that the "wife" could get the insurance money and live it up in Panama.

But then hold on a minute, if this was always the plan then why did she only move out there a few weeks ago? The wife has said that it is her and her husband in teh picture but then can we really take what she says as gospel? A woman who knows her husband is alive but still takes the insurance money isn't going to be the most honest person in the world now is she?

Also, another confusion..why wait until now to come forward? Why not come forward sooner or never?

What kind of parent lies to their child about the death of their spouse?

Something fishy is going on here and I for one can't wait until the deception is properly uncovered. There are so many parts of the story that don't fit or don't make sense..At the moment, I'm going with my mum's theory re. the new life in Panama, tis the only one that fits the situation the best.

No comments: